Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Review

We had a great weekend. Friday morning Jeff, Landree, Diana and I headed to Charlotte for Catie's (Jeff's intern last year) wedding. Landree was the flower girl and Dianna (a student in our youth ministry) helped her down the isle. She did a great job. She actually did a better 'flower throwing' job during rehearsal, but because she's so social she did a fabulous job! She started out throwing a few flowers then when she saw a piece of paper on the floor she wanted to pick it up. Then people started waiving at her and smiling so she walked the rest of the isle just waiving and saying "Hi" to everyone! Several people commented she'll be a pageant queen or I think she could be a politician-she likes to shake hands and she is currently obsessed with babies. Here is a picture of Catie. She looked beautiful. I love how brides glow. I loved our wedding and getting married.
I can't say enough what a great job Landree did all weekend. She went to bed at 10 pm on Friday night after having only a 1:45 min nap that afternoon. We stayed at the DoubleTree right by the SouthPark Mall in Charlotte. We had a suite so she was able to be in her own room and she slept in until almost 10 on Saturday morning. It was great because she wasn't able to take a nap on Saturday until we got into the car. It took about 15 minutes before she was out like a light.

They had their reception at the church and on the way over Landree just sat down in the hall. She was so tired. Jeff caught this cute picture of her. I edited the second one.


After the wedding while we waited for pictures Landree played with her flower basket. She would dump all the flowers out and then Jeff or I would pick them all up and she would do it again.
We had a great time in Charlotte! I LOVE the city! We live in the capital of SC, but I LOVE to be in a city with fun stores and lots of great restaurant options and a mall with the best stores! I grew up in the country, but loved living in Dallas when I was in college. We ate lunch at PF Changs and The Cheesecake Factory! YUM! I got Landree a new baby doll at Pottery Barn I have been dying to order it. I love her; Sophie is her given name. I actually loved the dark headed Chloe doll, but I thought Landree would love having a little doll that looked like her (blonde hair, blue eyes). She carried a baby around all weekend that she loves, but it has the funniest hair. She should be wearing a hat, but it never stays on. Hence the weird patch of hair. I hope she'll love Sophie and carry her around. You can get other little clothes and strollers for these little dolls. Who do you think likes the doll more-me or Landree?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Landree looks like an angel. What a beauty! I love the PB doll too. My girls have one of their babies and she is my favorite!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

She is just beautiful in her dress! OMG - Beautiful :D

LOL - Li Li has Chloe and aren't the they best! My favorite thing is when she wear the little snugglie with Chloe or put her in the stroller! I just love our little Mommies in training!

Tricia said...

I love the pictures with her dress. She looks just like a princess. I can just see how she was waving at everyone and saying hey. That is so cute. Definitely typical Landree. What fun!

3 Peanuts said...

She looks adorable in her flower girl dress!