Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!




Tomorrow will be very busy for us with Jeff leaving for beach camp so we gave him is Father's Day presents early. I actually gave him his main present last week...I can't keep a present. I love to buy them and give them! We got Jeff a docking station for his IPod and I made him this video. Jeff is the best dad! He is so good with Landree! He is such a helper to me too. He loves to play with her and give her a bath, and they love to giggle, tickle and be silly together. You'll see when you watch the slide show.

Now...know that I always have the best of intentions. I have 2 birthday cards for my friends Julie and Shauna sitting on my kitchen table. Their birthday's are the 29th and 27th (of March). Now I have 3 Father's Day cards that need to be mailed (not to mention the Mother's Day presents that I've never finished or mailed to Grandma and Mia-I think I mailed them cards...) But please know-I do have the best of intentions. Happy Father's Day Papa, Popee, and Uncle Brian. Hopefully you'll get your cards in the next week or two.

And in honor of my dear old dad...the following are pictures of my garden (4 pots with tomatoes, bell pepper, and jalapeno plants-a modified garden).

Growing up my dad always planted a huge garden (whatever you might think is big-multiply that by 10...I'm telling you it was big! At least when you are like 7 or 8.) I had to pick it everyday-I HATED IT! It was hot and itchy (okra) and hurt my back (peas). I HATED IT! And then to top it off my dad would give it away! WHAT? I just spent forever picking that stuff. Don't give it away! But from this garden I learned a few things about my dad and some great life lessons. He is the hardest worker I know. He works for fun when he gets off work-I learned to appreciate hard work. If you want something you have to work for it. I also learned to be generous. He would give the veggies away. He would give our puppies away instead of selling them. He is generous. And now he is the best Popee. Landree loves talking to her Popee. Daddy calls us almost everyday to talk to Landree. He wants to make sure she knows who he is since we live so far away. She pats her chest (like he pats her back) and says Popee! when he calls. We can't wait to visit with him (and Mia) in July. Happy Father's Day Daddy! We love you!

4 comments:

OHmommy said...

Awww,,, beautiful pictures. We have so many tomatoes... we HAVE to give them away. ;)

sara said...

your Father's Day video is so precious!

Tricia said...

That is so sweet. It is so hard to believe that our babies are growing up so fast. It sure is fun to watch them as they grown and change.

Jodee said...

Great video! I especially love your recent beach pictures!