Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Her love affair with shoes...




Ok, so the grandparents and our Aunt Gigi aren't really helping with the slight addiction Landree has to shoes. A couple of funny stories I never want to forget:

1. Notice the pink glittery tennis shoes on the far right. Angie bought them for Landree as a surprise-she LOVED them. One day when I was out shopping Landree and Me (My mom) hung out and ran around town. When they got back and it was Landree's nap time Me told her it was nap time and time to take off her shoes Landree said no and repeated shoes over and over...so she napped in her pink tennis shoes.

2. Notice the red shoes-Grandma, Maggie, Landree, Momma and I went to McKinney Trade Days on Sunday. It was really hot! Angie was so great to push Landree around and try to help keep her in the shade. They got a little a head of us and stopped by a children's booth-with shoes! Angie showed Landree how the shoes had squeakers in them. Well, immediately she was saying off, off to her shoes and on on to the squeaky shoes. Wouldn't you too? Angie would ask her if she wanted to try these? She would say no. Then again: Do you want to try these? No. Again...these? Finally here's what we heard....Red shoes, red shoes, red shoes. Guess who has a new pair of red shoes? And our course Me had to buy her a pair too. Brown and pink-to die for!

3. Aunt Gigi was generous enough to clean out H's dress up clothes and bring two big bags full to us. Thanks! I'd love to say she's been playing with all of them, but the reality is she has an obsession for the 2 pair of princess heels. Needless to say, I've hidden these. At least for a little longer. I don't want a toddler with a broken neck, but she does love them.



4 comments:

Hannah said...

Hi I tried emailing you again so hopefully it will get there. I am having email problems so even though the email came from a different address please email me back at russianhillbilly@peoplepc.com

Thanks.
Hannah

The Byrd's Nest said...

Emma Jane LOVES shoes also!!!

3 Peanuts said...

So cute! I love her little tongue in the header photos.

Kim

Jodee said...

Cute shoes! We love shoes too!