Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bedtime prayers

As I was putting Landree to bed last night we were going over her scripture memory verse. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. She sounds so sweet saying it. I love how she's growing. We sat and talked about things she was thankful for before I prayed with her and I wanted to write it down so I'll always remember. Here's what she said in order {as best I can remember}: food, going to Cooper's house, cookies, cookies {that's not a typo she said it twice}, Jesus, Jesus, Linda, Renee {Mrs. Linda and Mrs. Renee are her preschool teachers}, Mommy, Daddy and I'm pretty sure there was a cookie in there at least once more. I pray in this new year I can be a better example to Landree of what it looks like to love the Lord. I want her to see me spending time reading my Bible, praying and memorizing scripture too. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her. She is already such a joy to be around. I know He has big plans in store for my sweet little girl.

4 comments:

H J and E said...

She is a girl after my own heart, Jesus, Jesus and Cookie, Cookie!
She is a precious child and you all are such wonderful parents. She is blessed.

jenbusymom said...

Awww, you got me tearing up at my desk this morning...those are wonderful prayers!

P.S. love the new layout

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Jen...I have been working on a similar post about Lottie. This is just precious.....I pray this all the time that I can be that wonderful example.

Otte, Party of Five said...

awww... sounds like caraline :)
--jess