Friday, May 8, 2009

Fun with friends

A few weekends ago all the dads headed to their annual 'man camp' where they go and eat boy foods like lots of steaks, and Beaufort stew, and onion sausage. They don't shower, and ride four wheelers, and shoot snakes.

The girls usually do something too. The girls weeks has changed over the last few years since we all have kids now, but we still manage to get together and have a lot of fun! JB does not like to stay home alone so Landree and I have stayed at least one night with her the last two years. This year we hired a babysitter for Friday night after the kids went to bed and we headed to dinner and the movie. We watched State of Play with Russell Crowe and Rachel McAdams. It was really good-and we talked without being interrupted all night!

Saturday morning we headed to our town's Kids Day. It's at our local park and there are all sorts of 'booths' set up. There were churches and restaurants the hospital and bounce playthings. It was super hot so after a snow cone and popsicle we decided to head home. I did manage to get a few pictures.

Enjoying a snow cone:

DSC_1118.JPG

Cooper and Landree loving the tractor. Jennifer actually had to climb into the cab to get Landree out. Can you imagine me climbing up there? Thanks JB! The funny thing is my dad had a John Deere with a cab and Landree only gets close enough to have a picture made. She doesn't like loud noises. I don't know what she thinks-I guess she knew there weren't going anywhere.

DSC_1120.JPG

And really this wasn't a tractor. Maybe it was a digger? I'm sure I'll learn all the technical names soon enough. JB can name all the tractors because of all the great 'boy tractor books' they have.

DSC_1124.JPG

Landree's happy snow cone face:

DSC_1133.JPG

We had lunch at Jennifer's and the babies took a nap before our friends headed over for more fun. We picked up pizza and had fruit and yummy desserts while the kids played the afternoon away!

The B's have so much to do outside. They have a huge yard and about a million balls. Here's Camryn her turn at bat:

DSC_1145.JPG

Camryn and Landree climbed in and out of the wagon all afternoon. We all took turns pulling them around. Jack joined in the fun too:

DSC_1138.JPG

Landree, Jack and Caleb hanging out in the swing:

DSC_1140.JPG

Of course I don't have one picture of Logan or Cooper (Logan had to leave a little early and Cooper is never still enough to get a shot)-I did get this cute pic of Jack. It's a little out of focus, but I love his little face. Now why is it so hard to take a picture of Landree?

DSC_1147.JPG

5 comments:

kelley said...

Cute pictures! It looks (and sounds) like everyone had a great time!!!
Kelley

fleur de lis cottage said...

That's some serious cuteness there. Sounds like a great girls weekend.

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day (and thanks again, I love my blogover)!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what fun Jennifer! Sounds like a great day.....Happy Mother's Day!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! Oh my word...there is a whole lot of cuteness going on in this post!!

Hope you are doing well my friend....miss ya:)

Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa

jenbusymom said...

I love the new header! Doesn't our fun always involve our little ones while the boys go off to play!? Sounds like a great weekend, Landree is just too cute!