Sunday, December 20, 2009

Grandma’s Christmas Party

Grandma has a Christmas Party annually where she has ladies over for a gift exchange and yummy food. My mom gets to attend, my friend Megan normally attends, but I never get to attend because it’s usually the week before we come home for Christmas, but this year we were here and I was able to come! It was a lot of fun!


Hudson and Landree came too {children don't normally attend}. Landree helped Grandma draw numbers for door prizes! She did a very good job.



We did our gift exchange 'Dirty Santa' style stealing gifts galore. I brought that cute penguin yard stake and it was the first item opened and stolen. Alice ended up with it in the end with Sandy’s help. I got a copy of the Pioneer Woman’s new cookbook courtesy of my sister in law. Obviously no one knew who she was because they didn’t even try to take it from me. LUCKY ME! I love it! I can’t wait to try out some of her recipes.  


A rare picture of Landree and Mommy even though she wasn’t looking.


DSC_0841


I made corn dip for the party. It’s so good. Here’s the recipe if you need to bring a snack or dip to a party. We are having snacks on Christmas eve this year and this will definitely be on the list of things we’ll be making.


Corn Dip


2 cans of Mexicorn (drained)


8 oz of mayo


8 oz of sour cream


3-5 chopped green onions


3-4 finely diced jalapenos (remove seeds)


1 can of green chili's


8 oz of grated cheese


Mix and chill until ready to serve. Serve with Fritos. Yum!


A little housekeeping: I'm trying to stay updated on all the happenings, but I've run into something with a bigger priority-Shutterfly books that need to be printed! I purchased several prepaid photo books (like maybe 7-8 a few years ago on sale) and they are about to expire so now I'm downloading pictures like a made woman and making books so I may be scarce around here for a few days.

2 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Jen,

Happy Holidays!!

Looks like you all have been keeping busy:) I cannot get over the kids.....they have both gotten so big. Hudson is 3 months already?? Oh my word, the time flies!!

Good luck with your shutterfly books:)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

xo,

Lisa

Clare said...

first, you look GREAT!! it looks like you are having a fabulous time with your family. i just looked at that cookbook at barnes and noble, and it looks yummy!