Oh my goodness! I can’t believe that my sweet little baby is already 6 months old! Time is moving so quickly! It breaks my heart a little knowing in this same amount of time he’ll be 1! It’s unbelievable! I love this little man more than I could have ever imagined and it so fun watching him grow!
Hudson, the past month you’ve been:
- Sleeping on your belly! The day after you turned 5 months old you started rolling onto your belly to sleep.
- You turn into a pumpkin at 7 pm (almost sharp.) You are tired and ready for bed-rubbing your eyes and ready to eat.
- You’ve been sleeping from about 7 until 1-2ish, then eat, and straight back to sleep until about 7-8 in the morning. One night last week you slept until 5:45 am before waking up to eat!
- You have been practicing sitting up all month long and have gotten really good the last few days! You’ve got it down and can sit alone for a fair amount of time.
- You’re getting so big. I weighed you at home and I think you weigh about 19 pounds. We go for your six month appointment next week-I can’t wait to see how long you are! You’ve really grow!
- You’re wearing size 3 and 4 diapers, but only because I bought a giant box and opened then before I realized you are totally ready for 4’s! There are not many more left and it will be all size 4 for you!
- Your 6-9 month footed pj’s that were just a little too long are already getting a little too short.
- You drool all the time, but still no teeth.
- You’ve been exclusively breast feed for 6 months. I bought organic baby food at the store yesterday and plan to let you start eating fruits and veggies very soon!
- You have been napping in your crib for both the morning and afternoon naps for a few weeks. Most mornings you don’t get a long nap because of errands, dance or picking Landree up from school. You do manage to take a 45 min power nap most days and are such a happy baby, however, if we are home you’ll sleep 2 hours! Then around 2ish you take another 2-2 1/2 hour nap.
- You are enjoying taking baths more now that you sit up. You’ve been frustrated with leaning back in the tub a few months now , however, the reality is that you don’t get a bath as near as often as Landree did as a baby.
- You love to give Mommy kisses (and I love to get them!) You will open your mouth big, grab my neck and pull yourself toward my face. Daddy is jealous, but you are at the age where you recognize when he comes in from work and get excited to see him too!
- You love your sister (because she’s the best sister in the whole world!) She brings you toys and will pick the same ball up for you a million times over
so she can get up from the dinner tableto make you happy.
- Goodnight Moon is still your favorite book, although, you don’t seem to be partial about which books you like to chew on.
- You are very good at holding, pulling toys toward you and even picking them up when they are in reach.
- You love your jumper and around we go (I need to get a picture in there!) You are getting a little more bouncy in the the jumper and we are ‘walking’ moving around in the around we go.
- You still love your paci, but mainly only take it during naps or night time.
That bear isn’t so big anymore, huh?
Hudson, we all love you so much! We love watching you grow and can’t wait to see more firsts! Happy 6 months baby boy!!!