Saturday, May 15, 2010

8 1/2 Months

Hudson, I can’t believe you are already 8 1/2 months old!  You are such a fun little guy and such a joy to be around.  Your little personality is just blossoming more and more each day and we love it!  Here’s the scoop on what you’re up to these days.

CSC_2238

  • In the last few days you have a few teeth breaking through, actually 4  teeth, the bottom front two teeth, the top left front tooth and the one to the right of the top right tooth.  I think you will quickly have 6 new teeth because I can see the outline of the top 4 front teeth. 
  • You are eating lots of fun foods.  Today you had blueberries for the first time.  I just squished and broke them apart for you and you loved them.  You love sweet potatoes, avocados, and bananas.  And you would much rather eat ‘real food’ than baby food.  It’s a struggle to feed you baby food because you  just want to play with the spoon!   When you are done eating you take off your own bib! 

DSC_2228

  • You love your sister!  She can make you giggle just by walking into the room.  She will start giggling and then you start, and then you both just keep each other going!  I do have to say that I take the prize on your favorite person right now :)  You love Daddy to pieces, but if I’ve been gone for a few hours you cry when I get home :(  I guess you miss me and just want to make sure I come scoop you up right away when I get home (which I do!) 

DSC_2234

  • You are not crawling yet, but you can get what you need-whether it be by rolling, spinning, or making distress noises (for about 10 seconds) until Landree or I hand you what you want.  You don’t need to crawl :) and I’m secretly glad you aren’t yet, however, we do have a deadline, I want you crawling by June so Daddy doesn’t miss it while he’s at beach camp. 

DSC_2237

  • I am claiming that you said Mama, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t on purpose, however, you do say mmmm, and aba all the time! 
  • You are still eating one time at night usually around 1 or 2 and you even slept until 6 one morning.  It was getting later and later, but I think the teeth are to blame for the earlier feedings once again. 
  • I am not sure your official weight.  We go to the doctor in the next few weeks, but I feel like you are just getting longer and longer!  You are wearing size 5 diapers now and 18 month clothes.  I will still squeeze you into a 12 month outfit every once in a while because we had so many cute things, but it won’t be much longer and you won’t be able to wear any 12 month clothes. 
  • You are such a sweetie!  You really never fuss unless you are sleepy or hungry (which is hardly ever since you are on a good schedule)  You take a morning nap most days (if we aren’t running errands.)  You don’t nap ‘out’ most of the time unless you are exhausted, because you don’t want to miss out on what is going on.  You also take an  tafternoon nap and are ready for bed by 7ish-no later than 8. 

Hudson, we love you to pieces!  I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown since you’ve  been a part of our family!  We are so blessed that you belong to us!!! I love watching you grow!  Here’s to the best month ever!  Love you little man! 

Love, Mommy

5 comments:

Megan said...

I can't wait to see him and how much he has changed in just a couple of months!! I miss ya'll terribly! :-)

Jen, I am sure you have but have you tried giving him his own spoon to "distract" him while you are feeding him? Maybe that is what you are talking about. I give Hayden the Nuby ones since they seem a little less "dangerous" than the ones with the metal end. Anyway...just a thought.

Love you baby Hudson!! Happy 8 1/2 months!

Courtney said...

He is adorable. I can't believe how much older he looks. I am sure he will be crawling soon, then the fun begins!

Clare said...

wow, that smile is adorable!! i can't believe how much they change in such a short period of time! hope you are well;)

The Barner Bunch said...

He is absolutely adorable Jennifer! Those eyes are so beautiful!!! Hopefully we'll have all have little boy playdate this summer when you're in Texas! Miss you girl. Can't wait to catch up and visit (since I'll be inviting myself out to the Megan's farm).

Jayde said...

Size 5 diapers, wow! My just 24 month old is still in 4s!! ;) He is a lot smaller than his big brother was.