Monday, June 21, 2010

My darling girl…

DSC_0557

I know there are so many things that I want to remember about my first born, my sweet little girl, that I think I’ll remember and as I sit down only one or two come to mind, but I will record them none the less. 

  • You my dear, not only know all your letters you can spell your name and lots of other things for that matter.  The other day we pulled up to the Chick-fil-a drive through and you kept asking where there “B” was.  My memory is failing me if they have these letters in TX, but in SC there is a letter rating on the door of all food establishments.  When Landree pointed out the “A” when we were going in one day I told her we only ate at restaurants with the letter “A”.  Chickfila has a A on the drive thru window, but she wanted to know where there B was too.
  • Jeff and I will spell out things that we don’t want Landree to hear like about getting ice cream, or going to dinner somewhere, but she know how to spell most of them now.  If we spell i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m now she will tell us she wants ice cream.  Oh brother! Sometimes she will just start spelling too like, “Mom, I want to CRKS”.  I think it’s because we spell all the time.  We won’t be able to do that much longer!
  • Our local high school just won the state championship for baseball.  Landree went with Jeff to several of the games this season and went with him to the state championship.  They didn’t get to watch most of the game because they couldn’t find Cindy.  She is one of the players moms that goes to our church who normally plays with Landree most of the game.  She didn’t really care about the game with no Cindy.  Then when they were leaving super late there weren't any lights on in the parking lot, but Landree for some strange reason had her glow worm with her and she told Jeff not to worry she would help him find the car so she turned her glow worm on and held it out in front of her for light :)
  • You introduce yourself to everyone.  At the grocery store, the line while we wait somewhere, all. the. time!  I love it! 

We have a busy summer ahead.  I can’t wait to spend a little more one on one time with my girl-making fun memories!  I love you Landree Grace! 

2 comments:

Marla said...

It's great that you took the time to write them down. I, too, think I will remember, and then as I sit down the flee my brain!! I have got to start trying to do better....just dropping everything and run to a notepad, or something. But even then....sometimes I forget before I get there. Isn't that awful! :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh that sweet smart little Landree...what a cutie pie:)