Monday, November 22, 2010

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

I know I’ve been an absentee blogger lately. I’ve been busy decorating for Christmas in the last few weeks.  Yes, I’ve had my Christmas decorations up for two weeks.  I have a good excuse this year, but I’m not going to lie, I’ve been known to decorate around the end of October before.  In the past 5 years or so my decorating has been pretty non existent so I’ve had a fun time decorating and Landree has LOVED it! 

I took Santa pictures here on Friday to raise money for a mission trip Jeff and I will be taking to Haiti in May.  My mom came last week to visit us, and played, and read about a million books, and we had a great time!  We did have a little hiccup in the middle of the week when ALL of us, aside from Jeff, got the stomach bug.  Oh my!  It was horrible!  Jeff was a champ cleaning and washing sheets and scrubbing everything down!  Bless his heart!  Momma hung in until the 3rd sheet change for Landree and then she was down.  It was a long night!  But thank goodness it was fast lived and we slept the next day and then it was gone. 

Here are my models…We were practicing the lighting for Santa pictures.  Unfortunately, I am not loving the lighting that I took the pictures in and am working on editing :)  This doesn’t help my blogging time. 

DSC_0005 

We did manage to head to the mall one day.  I had to return something at Children’s Place and when I did I found these cute little hats for Hudson and Landree.  They were on sale for $5 and I had a coupon so they ended up being 3.50 a piece.  And aren’t they cute?  Hudson liked the green monster hat better, but the little doggie matched his new coat. 

DSC_0012 DSC_0020 DSC_0015

We have a busy few weeks coming up!  Thanksgiving this week, my sister in law comes next week, Christmas party with friends and Santa a week from Friday, and then the kids and I head to TX for Christmas!  Jeff will follow a few weeks later.  My sister in law is riding home with us.  I am so excited.  The kids did so well this summer driving and I know it will be so fun!

I am almost finished shopping for Christmas and it’s not even Black Friday yet.  I love to shop, it’s like a sport for me.  I want to go, but I’ve already gotten so many good deals I don’t know if I have anything to shop for :)  The Target deals are so good right now.  I got two Tag books for FREE yesterday.  Here’s how.  Do you look at any deal blogs?  I’m obsessed with Money Saving Mom and Baby Cheapskate.  Any other sites I’m missing? 

And lastly, Jeff and Ashley have both been talking up Pandora so I tried it last week and now I’m in love.  I open up the computer in the morning and turn it on the Frank Sanatra Holiday channel and leave it on all morning long.  I love Christmas! 

5 comments:

Jodee said...

You go girl! I can't believe you have all of your shopping done! I am sooo jealous! Our mild weather hasn't put me in the mood yet! I have a hard time shopping for Christmas if the snow isn't flying!

Megan said...

LOVE.THE.HATS!!! So cute!!

Jessica said...

Have you heard of thekrazycouponlady.com? I love that site too.

Taren said...

Hey! Just saw your money saving blogs (Thanks for sharing those! Never really get a chance to find blogs like that)and if you catch this tonight...on the Money Saving Mom blog she has 40 percent off your entire order today from Old N and Gap! PLUS, free shipping! I got a ton (5 pieces) and used my bucks back and paid 30 dollars. I'm very excited. Thanks for sharing their websites!

3 Peanuts said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. We decorated today. Your tree looks GREAT!