Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Nutcracker and Park Street Carriage Ride

I love traditions!  And The Nutcracker and Park Street Carriage ride are both fun things we started doing last year that I hope we do for many years to come.  My mom and I went to the Nutcracker almost every year growing up.  I loved going and Momma, Maggie and I took her for the first time last year to a local ballet.  We sat in the balcony prepared to leave at intermission or before with our little 3 year old.  She was glued to the seat the first half and danced almost the entire second half.  In October this year she mentioned to me how excited she was to go the Nutcracker with Mia, Maggie and I again.  I was excited too!  I didn’t realize however, that the ballet was in town the weekend after Thanksgiving (in Greenville) and we would miss it and I didn’t know that in time to go one of the Nutcracker performances in SC.  So we missed it there too.  So Mia did a little searching and found a performance in Richardson by the Tuzer Ballet school.  It was amazing!  I was so impressed.  There were a few professional dancers and several guests who were in college (and dancing there) and had graduated from the ballet school.  It was so good!  We will definitely return for this performance next year!  They even had their own twist on the story with a Rat Queen, and the mice were the cutest! 
DSC01756DSC01757DSC01758DSC01759
After the ballet we headed back to Grandma’s house.  Grandma and Krissy were so sweet to keep Hudson for us.  Grandma made a few yummy soups and had it waiting on us when we got home so we could eat and then head out to look at Christmas lights by carriage on Park Street.  They only offer the carriage rides 2 weekends, and we had so much fun last year that we didn’t to miss the chance to go again.  Jeff wasn’t in town yet, but we were excited Mia got to join us this year.  Hudson enjoyed the ride much more this year.  Last year it was near a time for him to eat and I remember him crying most of the ride. 
DSC01761
We drank yummy hot chocolate while we waited in line.  And Aunt Maggie took Landree to pet Rachel the horse after our ride.  Good thing we have Aunts that love animals or it wouldn’t have happened :)
DSC01762

Can’t wait to do it all again next year!

No comments: