Monday, August 13, 2012

1st Day of Kindergarten-2012

This morning the little girl who made me a momma for the first time started KINDERGARTEN!  I can’t believe it!  The time has flown by!  And while Landree has been in preschool since she was two, it was only for 3 hours at a time and just a few days a week.  She was feeling a little nervous and not really wanting to start school and we talked about the reasons why and it pretty much came down to her not wanting to miss what would be going on at home.  I told her how we would shift Hudson’s nap time up and how I’m hoping we can do some fun things in the afternoon now.  And what a fun day we have today-she really only have a ‘preview’ this morning doing fun things like table activities, playing on the playground, and eating a popsicle while the parents had a meeting.  I got a little teary while they were talking about the kids and them growing and just thinking about how fast the years have flown, but I’m so excited about her future and how much she’ll grow and learn at school.  And I think I’ve done a pretty good job keeping it together :)

Here are a few before school pictures:

DSC_0693DSC_0694

We are using a backpack that Grandma gave Landree a few years ago that we haven’t used much.  I just took it to be monogrammed.  Landree picked the orange. 

DSC_0695 DSC_0696DSC_0698

And this boy wanted his picture made too.  Isn’t he handsome?  And to distract myself from Landree being at school ALL.DAY.LONG tomorrow I’m starting to potty train Hudson.  It’s really been a long time coming, but he’s shown no interest (and still doesn’t) but we’re starting anyway. 

DSC_0699 DSC_0700DSC_0701DSC_0703DSC_0705DSC_0706

The split up the groups into boys and girls for our preview this morning and Landree’s class is going to have 3 boys and 11 girls!  I am so excited! :)  Hudson went to the Brewer’s while we took Landree and we watched JP while they went to their preview.  The Spiderman’s were having a blast playing.  I see lots of boy dress up in our future. 

DSC_0708 DSC_0709

And if that wasn’t enough Holly and Timothy invited us to the lake this afternoon so the kids an I headed out for an afternoon of fun on the boat, riding the jet ski and swimming!  

SAM_1121SAM_1118SAM_1117

We finished the day with yogurt first and then dinner at Moe’s.  Not everyday is your first day of school, right? 

DSC_0710DSC_0712DSC_0713DSC_0711

I know there will be many more firsts, and I’m so excited that I get to be apart of them!  I love you Landree Grace! 

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Wow! You guys really know how to celebrate! Love the first day of school pictures and your new blog makeover too!