Friday, March 21, 2008

A very 'Good Friday'...

We had such a great day today! This morning Landree and I, Cooper and Jennifer, Denise and Jackson got together to make Easter cookies. We had such a fun time. Denise brought a few bunny, carrot, and flower cookie cutters. I've been so excited to start fun traditions with Landree. I wanted to make a bunny cake with Landree. My sister in law makes one every year, and it's so cute! But, it was going to be me making the cake and Jeff and I eating it...so I vetoed the cake idea for this year at least.

We decided to get together with friends for the babies to make cookies. It was really fun! All the babies wanted to eat the cookies dough. Yum! Can you blame them? We limited the cookie dough and the mom's ended up making most of the cookies, but it was the beginning of a tradition, right?

While our cookies were baking we had a little egg hunt. We put Goldfish inside the eggs (this was Jennifer's idea-what a great idea/alternative to candy if you're kids know that there should be something in the eggs. Landree doesn't really realize anything is inside.) That was a hit with Cooper; he ran around getting the goldfish out and leaving the eggs behind. Jackson was good to go as long as he has two (eggs) balls in his hands at all times. And Landree...we'll again she collected some eggs and robbed the rest. These are my favorite pictures of each of the kids from the hunt.

Classic Cooper...what else can I say?

Jack loves a ball (or egg)!

Next year I guess we'll need to buy two baskets...

After the egg hunt we had to sample our cookies...yum! I guess you can't really mess up ready made sugar cookies. The babies loved them. Landree's never really had a cookie aside from the Christmas Gingerbread cookies at Grandma's.

We finished up our morning with lunch at Chick-fil-a before heading home for a nap! What a 'Good Friday'.

Here are a few other favorite pictures of Landree from the day:

And on this Good Friday (a representation of the day Christ died) how exciting that we already know the rest of the story! We serve a God that lives! Have a great Resurrection weekend.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Wish we could have joined you guys. What fun. We will definitely be there next year!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like a fun day! I love landree double fisting the baskets:) I look forward to getting outside with my kiddos this week and getting some Spring photos.