Saturday, January 16, 2010

Four Months Old

Hudson is four months old now (actually 4 1/2 months now) and I can’t believe how fast time is flying!  He’s such a good baby!  We had his official 4 month visit on January 7th.  He is growing like a little weed-his official stats are: 17.07 pounds at the 90th percentile, and 25 1/4 inches between the 50th and 75th percentile. 

DSC_0097

Here are a few things he’s doing right now: 

  • He holds his sweet little hands together in middle of his body and looks so cute.
  • He grasps for and pulls toys toward him.  Sometimes he will manage to get something in his mouth, like a teether, but most of the time he just drops it and then grabs for the next thing I dangle in front of him. 
  • He drools all the time!  I think he will be getting teeth sooner than later.
  • He loves to sit in his bumbo seat.  He will sit and play for. ever.  He sat in it for no less than an hour at least a few times this week while we unpacked.  He loves to be able to look around and watch everything that is going on around him.
  • He is wearing a size 3 diaper
  • And wearing 3-6 month clothes, but not for much longer.  Almost all of his pajamas and footed outfits are all 6-9 months. 
  • He is still sleeping really well at night and will go around 8 hours from the last time he eats so I usually feed him between 3 and 4 in the morning and then he wakes up again around 7ish.  However, he’s recently become a little spoiled in actually going to bed.  I think it’s my fault.  I started rocking him and would rush in to give him his paci if he started crying.  After Jeff, Momma, and I went in no less than 10 times every night for the last week or so we decided to let him cry last night.  I washed dishes and loaded the dishwasher while he cried for exactly 18 minutes before he fell asleep.  It breaks my heart to hear him cry.  He literally doesn’t ever cry unless he is hungry or hot. 
  • He loves big sister Landree.  If by chance he is crying she can talk or sing to him and he will usually stop, and Landree loves him too.  She sings and talks to him and is always trying to offer him a toy. 
  • He loves to laugh!  We can all get him going, but not anyone quite like Grandma could at Christmas or Daddy does.
  • And about rolling…I know he can do it.   When I’m nursing him at night (in bed) he can roll to his side with no problem and he’s actually turned over 2 times from his back, but he is just too laid back to turn from his tummy to his back.  If he’s doing tummy time and he gets tired he just lays down and sucks his fingers instead. 

I love watching you grow baby Hudson!  You are such a sweet addition to our little family and I can’t imagine life without you.  I love you!  Happy 4 months!

7 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

How could he be almost five months old??? He was just born yesterday! Oh he is growing growing growing! I love it that Landree is such a good Mommy too;)

Kam said...

Yippee for four months! What a handsome young man! Getting so big...it's bittersweet, isn't it?

LOVE your new bloggy look!

Taren said...

I know I keep telling you this but seriously...he has the cutest face ever!!

Jodee said...

Cute picture of your handsome little guy!

Clare said...

wow!! he is getting so big, and so cute!! i am glad that things are going well:)

Megan said...

He looks as snug as a bug in a rug in that cute hat in pj's.

Aunt Megan loves you baby Hudson! You are getting so big!

jenbusymom said...

So sweet, I can't believe how time flies!