In only a few short weeks my little man will be one. Be still my heart-how in the world has the past year gone so fast?!? We’ve been so busy the past couple of months being out of town, getting back, unpacking, decorating, i.e. not blogging. Hudson, in the past few months you’ve grown, and grown, and grown (longer) and are changing into a toddler before my very eyes. I wanted to document the changes you’ve made before you’re first birthday because it’s right around the corner! And we are in party planning mode!
- You’ve gotten 3 new teeth! All at the same time (just like the first 3) for a grand total of 6! You are constantly chewing on everything so you may be getting more soon!
- You’re a biter! Landree never bit us. You’ve not bitten me when you nurse, but you bite fingers, feet, arms, shoulders, etc. if they are near your mouth.
- You’re pulling up on everything! You especially love hanging onto the toy box and looking out the window in your room.
- You’re eating all table food (aside from the few jars of veggies I bought yesterday just to give you a little more variety) You love. LOVE. love. blueberries, sweet potatoes, black beans, cantaloupe, and watermelon. We are going to be so sad when the summer produce isn’t as plentiful! You also love sherbet (thanks to Popee) but you won’t be eating any more of it any time soon. You still nurse 4 times a day-when you wake up, around lunch time, after your afternoon nap, and at bedtime.
- You are a dream baby. In the past two months you’ve been (driven) to TX from SC and from TX to CO. You didn’t cry for two entire days on the trip to TX. Seriously, a dream. You are the happiest little fella just like your sister was when she was a baby. I don’t know what we did to deserve two, so sweet children, but I am so thankful to the Lord for both of you! I can’t wait to see what your little personality will be like!
- You love all of us. Landree can make you laugh like no other! She will start giggling at nothing and you will just laugh too. In the car y’all have started holding hands while we drive down the road. It started out as a game to Landree, but now when I put you in your car seat your reach our your sweet little hand for her to hold. When Daddy gets home from work or walks into the room your little face lights up. You love to play and climb on him. And my sweet baby, right now, you are most attached to Mommy. You can be ‘left alone’ (that sounds so bad doesn’t it?), but you would rather have me in your sites which means playing the bathroom and kitchen floors a lot these days.
- You wear a size 5 diaper and size 18 month clothes, however, you have grown so much (in length) that most everything you wear are separates. The sweet little one piece outfits, that are my favorites, are getting a little hard to snap.
- You hate having your diaper changed because it means you have to lay down and be still.
- You sleep through the night most nights, but last week you had a runny nose and woke up a few nights so I rushed in to rock you back to sleep knowing I won’t be doing that much longer (hopefully). You go to bed around 7ish each night and wake up around 7 (or earlier), but we don’t get you out of bed until at least 7. You nap twice a day for at least an hour, but usually more like two.
- You LOVE to take a bath and splash! In the last month or so we started bathing you and Landree at the same time and you both love it! You love to splash Landree and get water all over the floor. You also love to play with Ariel (don’t worry there aren’t any pictures to prove that…yet!)
- You love to give kisses, which I love, but it also makes me really nervous when I see your 6 teeth coming toward my face. You also blow raspberries on us when we are playing in the floor. It’s so sweet, but again, makes me a little nervous. :)
- You love books (eating them that is). I freak out a little thinking about how we don’t read to you even half as often as we did (and do) with Landree. You just won’t sit still long enough to listen to an entire story, but we just read to you while you are in the room. I’m sure you’re soaking it all up
- You still take a paci, usually just during naps and night time and I’ve forced a bear on you for naps and bedtime as well. I am hoping you’ll love it. I started giving it to you when we were in TX since you didn’t have your crib toys/attachments. Landree is obsessive about her blanket so I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. You’re not overly attached right now.
Hudson, I can’t believe how fast time is flying! I love you so much and am so blessed to have you as part of our family. I can’t wait to celebrate YOU in a few weeks for your first birthday! I love you so much and and so happy to be your mommy!
Happy 11 (and 10) months!