Sunday, August 22, 2010

A few projects

I’ve been doing lots of decorating and projects lately.  Here is a shelf that I’ve had for years.  It’s never been out of the box.  It has a space for two 4x6 pictures and that’s a mirror in the middle with my clean clothes reflecting back at me reminding me that I should stop decorating and clean up!  

DSC_1041

I saw this picture in the Pottery Barn catalog

pbshelfAnd decided to transform my shelf into this (below) except that’s still clothes in the mirror and I painted it with chalkboard paint.  I didn’t take another picture and I’m too lazy tired to go take another one now.  I’m going to hang this in the hallway as we come in the garage and hang the kids little bags on it. 

DSC_1042 

Landree and I (and Daddy) have been making lots of paper dolls.  This is our family, and my sweet girl. 

DSC_1009 DSC_1014 DSC_1013

And these beauties, I have a special place for them.  You’ll have to wait and see…

DSC_0951 DSC_0949 DSC_0950

6 comments:

JulieM said...

Those paper dolls are darling. Do you use somethings special to make them? My girls would love to make those!

Marla said...

LOVE that hanging shelf! And I think yours is cuter than PBK's!

Jodee said...

Wow! Way to go! That shelf turned out soooo cute!

Clare said...

i love all of your project! the hooks are so cute!

Tricia said...

You are cracking me up with the last pictures. Totally want them for my house. :) (not)

love the shelf. It really turned out great. Hope you are pleased with.

so now Landree can do a paper doll family for me. :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I need you to fly here and do this for me:) I love all of your creative ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!