Friday, September 17, 2010

Hudson’s 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Hudson’s first birthday last Friday night with lots of friends and family.  We had the party at the church and had a sprinkler seal set up, a blow up pool, and a tiny kiddie pool.  I also had sidewalk chalk out.  I was really more worried about having plenty of things for the older kids to do, but they had a blast.  We were on the church playground so they had that as an option too.

Hudson hung out with Mia as the guests arrived.  (I found the birthday boy’s shirt at Kohl’s the day of the party.  Mia had actually gotten him the exact shirt and bib and I had her return it since I ordered him a #1 shirt from etsy, but I had a change of heart not wanting to get his shirt dirty since we’ll take his one year old pictures in it.  It even matched shorts we already had. Yea!)

DSC_1051

It didn’t take the big kids anytime to get in the water.  The boys (Jake and Hudson) enjoyed hanging out and poking each other’s eyes ‘talking’. 

 DSC_1052 DSC_1054

The boy was pretty serious at first.  I guess he was just taking it all in.

DSC_1059

DSC_1069

The triplets didn’t waste anytime before they jumped into the pools.  Trace kept picking up the seal and it was so funny because he would aim it toward the tent where the adults were sitting!  One of us would have to run over and get wet to sit it back up. 

DSC_1066 DSC_1067  DSC_1070 DSC_1073

More friends:

DSC_1076 DSC_1079 DSC_1082 DSC_1083

Daddy hanging out with the birthday boy.  Making him giggle.

DSC_1085 DSC_1093 DSC_1095 DSC_1096 Some action shots:

DSC_1098 DSC_1103

The Daddy’s:

DSC_1106

Hudson and Addy and our friends enjoying the food:

DSC_1111  DSC_1118 DSC_1119 DSC_1120

Landree loves hot dogs.  She doesn’t eat them often so she thinks it’s a special treat to have them!  Momma, Jeff and I had to coordinate so that Hudson wouldn’t scream before we gave him his cake.  He was eating beans and we were almost out of them so I knew we had to have the cake then or a crying baby.  Here he is about to freak out…

DSC_1124 DSC_1130

Until he saw Daddy with his cake.  I don’t know what he was thinking.  He did get to have cake for his pictures the week before so I think he knew something good was coming, but the candle and Daddy seemed to throw him.  He was looking at Jeff like he was thinking, is this for me?

DSC_1132

Hudson played in his cake for several minutes before he decided to dive in!

cake time

And then he proceeded to eat the majority of the cake before I took it away from him.  Most of my pictures from inside have this weird orange tint to them.  I guess it was the lighting in the building.  yummy

DSC_1202DSC_1207    DSC_1219 DSC_1220 DSC_1256 DSC_1258

What was left of the cake:DSC_1262

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I gave Hudson a quick sink bath before putting on his swim diaper and heading outside again. 

DSC_1263

And our family pictures-why is it so hard to get a family picture?

DSC_1269DSC_1264DSC_1265 DSC_1270DSC_1266 DSC_1267

I still have pool pictures to post, but those will have to wait until tomorrow. 

No comments: