Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Happenings…

Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year.  It’s nice and cozy at home since it’s so cold outside, there are so many fun things to do, and we get to spend lots of QT with family and friends. 

Last week Aunt Maggie flew to our house to stay a few days before she rode to TX with the kids and me.  On Thursday, we went to our towns annual Christmas tree lighting and we got these three pictures before I proceeded to drop my camera (GASP!) and jack up the flash!  I took it into Best Buy that very night for service, and they told me they would not be able to send it to another store when it was finished so I had to bring it with me to TX to get it serviced so I could pick it up here when it is done.  Sadly, the lady here told me they could have sent it to another store, but they don’t like to.  They think it will take about 3 weeks to get it back so I don’t know if I’ll have it for  Christmas, but I’m using my mom’s camera.

DSC_0263DSC_0264 DSC_0265

My friend, Jennifer, was nice enough to let me borrow her camera even after I broke mine so that I could take pictures when we went to the zoo for the Lights Before Christmas Friday night and our family Christmas ‘morning’ on Saturday.  We also had our Santa party with friends on Friday morning.  I hope I’ll be getting the pictures back soon.  I know they are going to be fabulous!  Santa was so sweet.  He brought all the kids a gift and read them a story.  And we took pictures, had snacks, and made a cute handprint tree craft. 

Here are the zoo pics-it was pretty chilly so we were all bundled up!

DSC_0359DSC_0362DSC_0363DSC_0364DSC_0366DSC_0367

And our Christmas morning… Landree was so excited about her new alarm clock.  Seriously, if your kids get up in the early morning hours and come into your room-get. them. this. clock!  I even brought it to TX with us.  And before we left for TX she had to have her rest time in her room because she had lost her TV time for the day so we just set her clock so she knew when she could come out and y’all it works.  No 10,000 questions about if it’s time to get up/come out of her room.  And she was a little bit excited about her new games, craft bucket, books, helmet and new bike!  We rode the bike in the freezing cold on Sunday afternoon, and I wish we could have packed it because she loved it and is really good at riding it.  I know we’ll be taking lots of bike rides and walks in the afternoons when we get back home.  Hudson loved his books, toys, and trucks.  Poor baby got a new cozy coupe that he never got to see because when Jeff was putting it together it had TWO LEFT WHEELS!  But Daddy is taking care of it, and it will be a fun surprise for him when we get home. 

DSC_0370 DSC_0371DSC_0378 DSC_0381DSC_0387 DSC_0392DSC_0393 DSC_0396

Jeff and I were not going to trade presents, but he still surprised me with these cute house boots, they are so nice and cozy I love them!  And a gift certificate to Paint the Moon.  I will eventually be able to pull all of my actions and presets for Lightroom and PSE off my old computer, but I needed a few to edit some engagement pictures I took and my Santa pictures.  I got the Miracle Makeover set and I love it!  And Annie is so nice and helped me when I had a few questions. 

DSC_0385

So we are officially in TX after a fairly uneventful trip.  We stopped half way in Meridian, MS and the next morning my car wouldn’t start, but thanks to Onstar we had someone there within and hour that jumpstarted my car and we were on our way.  He said it was just so cold (around 18 degrees) that my battery must have had a weak cell and it just wouldn’t start.  Jeff will be joining us in a few weeks and we have our time filled with lots of fun activities.  Last night we had so much fun at Grandma’s annual girl Christmas Party.  We ate lots of yummy food and did a Christmas gift exchange.  I stole received a Startbucks giftcard.  Tonight we are heading to McKinney to see a live nativity at my BIL and SIL’s church, and this weekend my BFF’s Shauna, Megan and I will be be staying the weekend in Dallas for some fun girl, shopping, eating, hanging out, much needed me, us, grown up time!  Landree is staying with Grandma, Poppa, Krissy and Maggie, and Hudson will be staying with Mia and Poppee.  I know that we’ll all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

SOunds like a lovely Christmas:) I am going to check out that clock.