Tuesday, January 25, 2011

16 Months Old

Hudson, in the last month, you’ve gone from a baby to a toddler in my eyes.  You’re getting so lean and losing your baby fat.  You are a doll.  You are quiet, unless your loud :)  You’re quiet compared to Landree at least.  You don’t talk much, but you understand every word we say and can respond with a head shake yes or no.  Your favorite word is “this” and that is how you refer to everything.  You want ‘this, this, this!’  Your other favorite word is Momma, normal babel is ma, ma, ma and then when you want me it’s MAMA!  You make elephant sounds, puppy, and kitty every once in a while.  I think you like to watch me doing them acting silly instead, and you will only do the sounds when you want to do them.   
You are so cute how you hand me your paci when you are about to take a drink.  You probably use the paci a little too much, but I think it’s so cute and I’m so glad you don’t suck your thumb!  (I know that is going to be hard habit for sister to break!) 
You love to play with Landree.  You already know how to push her buttons too (like every little brother should).  The other day you had a fisher price horse that goes with your barn and she wanted it.  She kept asking you if she could have the horse and you’d just shake your head no.  You carried that horse around all afternoon (I think so she couldn’t play with it.) You love her to pieces and love to love on, lay on, wrestle with her.  And she is so crazy about you too!  You love to play in her room too with all of her toys.  You are especially fond of her doll house and princess dolls.  And you’ve both been enjoying her cardboard house, but you love to get in there and hide and then pop out of the windows.   
DSC_0460
We now know you can walk.  You took your first steps a few weeks ago to me at church, but you still choose not to the majority of the time.  I guess crawling is just faster. :) 
DSC_0461
You are such a happy baby!  And you still let me hold and love on you.  You love to bump your head against mine (or daddy or Landree’s) and leave it there to love on us.  You also have a little temper (just a tiny one) when you don’t get your way you like to squeal and head-butt. 
DSC_0462  DSC_0465
We went to the doctor last week for your 15 month well check (just a month and a half late) and you weighed 23.14 pounds, were 32 1/2 inches and in the 50-75%.  You are still wearing 18 month clothes and size 5 diapers. 
DSC_0464
Hudson, I love you so much!  I love watching you grow!  You are so much fun and we are so glad you are a part of our family!  Happy 16 months!
Love, Mommy

No comments: