Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Book and Baskets of Fun

I bought a Blog2Print gift card on Groupon a few months back-it was $12 for a $25 credit.  I jumped on the chance to have an excuse to print my blog.  I’ve been meaning to have it done for too long.  I even downloaded all of the Blurb software and it was just too overwhelming so I decided to do it later.  So here’s my little personal review, all my own opinions, about Blog2Print. 

I love the book!  It’s almost like a year book.  And I’ve loved looking through it.  It was a very easy process I just plugged in my dates and it pulled it all from my blog for me.  I definitely think it’s an easier option than Blurb, HOWEVER, I don’t like that every post that I had done via Picasa has a huge blogger picture tile thing at the end.  Such a waste of space and it’s not cute!  Also, it chose the pictures for me on the cover and back and I don’t remember it saying anything about the resolution being low and they are grainy.  I couldn’t figure out how to swap them out.  It could have been that I was working on this on New Year’s Eve (the day my gift card expired) but I’m pretty capable when it comes to this type of thing and I couldn’t figure it out.  Also, it allows you to choose posts you’d like to leave out or choose posts with certain labels.  I did try to leave certain posts out and for some reason it didn’t save.  None the less, I love the book.  It cost about $55 with my gift card so it would have been about $80 and this is the first 7 months that I blogged.  I think I might try Blurb next.  Has anyone used them?  What did you think?  Was it easy for you to use?

DSC_0442 DSC_0443DSC_0444 DSC_0445

And moving on, we’ve been having baskets of fun around here.  I mean really look at Landree’s face :)  I’ve been working on cleaning/organizing during our ‘snow storm’ and Hudson and Landree were having so much fun crawling in and out of the laundry basket while I worked in my room.  You can’t tell from background, because we moved all of our extra frames, etc. to one spot and it happens to be behind them.  Megan has started a home tour and I can’t let her show me up.  She’s been in her house for a whole month and we’ve lived here for over a year.  I need to get things finished up! 

DSC_0446 DSC_0447DSC_0448

We are still enjoying the house.  This morning Hudson was about to crawl out the window.  Seriously, I recommend this house.  Target.  Run, they might sell out!

DSC_0449

Today we ran to the store and the bank while Jeff went to work for a few hours (missing work isn’t any fun if you still have to make it up!) Hudson was reaching for a balloon as soon as we walked in the door, so I got one for he and Landree.  It was a good 3 minutes before Landree’s was floating at the top of the store, but Hudson had a death grip on his.  And this is how he spent most of the afternoon. 

DSC_0450DSC_0451DSC_0452

Weather.com is calling for more snow next weekend.  I don’t know if I can handle it.  It is fun for the first hour outside, but then I’m over it.  Good thing we have our cardboard house. 

5 comments:

Megan said...

It is a good thing you have that cardboard house. LOL! I can hear your voice saying that right now. So funny!

So sad about your pictures on the front and back of your book. I didn't have a problem uploading them and changing them out. :-/ Mine would have been sono pictures. Really, not cute!

Proud of you and your bloggin'! I love seeing those babies! :-)

Tricia said...

I can't wait to see the blog printed. Love the pictures of Hudson with the death grip on his balloon. hope Landree did not get too sad when hers floated up.

I am with you, don't really want any more snow for a while.

Jodee said...

I am soooo with you! Snow stinks! I am soooo ready for spring!

Thanks for posting about your blog book. Since my hubby is at the Ozzy Osbourne concert tonight and the punks have a cousin over to play, I am going to attempt to print a half year. I will let you know how it goes!

P.S. I attempted to use Blurb one year but I only got the software downloaded!

Clare said...

love to see your book, it looks like it turned out great. i would really love to do this too, but have a little intimidated to get it done! i really don't anything about either one, so i am not much help. i did look on the blurb site, but didn't go through with it. definitely would love to have one of the years done soon! right now i am just working on a first year shutterfly book for ellie. but after that i will give one a try and let you know. i will say that the snow missed us this past time around, and i was happy. i am totally over the snow from our crazy winter last year!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Lottie loves balloons and has gone to sleep holding the string before:)

I have heard about those books where you can make your blog into a book? Do you pick the posts you want? Because I would discard alot...probably:)