Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun!

I don’t know if I’ve ever gone a month (and a half) without blogging!  I hope it doesn’t happen again either-I’ve been so slack because we’ve been out of town, and I honestly just haven’t been motivated because I’m so behind.  I love being able to look back at the blog at what we’ve done and see how much the kids have grown and when I get behind I feel like I need to go back and catch up and then I am not sure where to start!  So I’m starting simple-this won’t make the grandparents happy, but hopefully it will help me get back into the swing of things.  I saw a summer fun list on this blog.  And knew I wanted to make one too!  I am painting a big frame with chalkboard paint to use in our kitchen, and I will be listing all of the fun things we want to do on it!  Here are just a few Landree and I talked about today. 

  • Eating watermelon for dinner
  • popsicles for breakfast
  • movie nights
  • Landree and Daddy camping in the living room
  • swimming with friends (lots!)
  • fo-yo with friends
  • Easter egg hunting in the house
  • making sidewalk chalk paint
  • sleepovers
  • making fresh squeezed lemon-aid
  • walks/wagon rides
  • drive in movie
  • make homemade icecream
  • summer crafts
  • read lots of new books
  • make playdoh
  • children’s museum
  • Sonic Happy Hour
  • Birthday Party planning-A joint pirate party
  • Slash park
  • paint

And I’m sure there are a million more-what are you doing this summer?  Any ideas?

1 comment:

Clare said...

i was just asking the same thing on my blog! we are doing one day trip a week, to a children's museum, zoo, etc. just something fun to look forward to during the week.
good luck!!