Sunday, January 29, 2012

Christmas Catch up!

It’s the end of January and I officially have my tree down as of yesterday!  I am in the spring cleaning mood now!  How about you?  I do have a little Christmas catch up I need to do {among other things}. 

I’ve been busy busy checking out schools for my 5 year old!  My goodness!  Where did the time go?  The pressure!  We’re looking at a Christian school and an cultural immersion program at our local school district.  I’ve even thought about homeschooling (and I don’t even have a denim jumper ;)  I’ll keep you posted.

Back to Christmas catch up-after the extended family Christmas on the 17th we went on our annual carriage ride to look at Christmas lights on Park street.  It’s such a fun, quick (no lines), easy thing to do in town.  Landree loves the hot chocolate and treats and we get to see Christmas lights-win for all!  The highlight for me is an older man that stands on his porch and whistles Christmas carols into a microphone as you ride by his house.  It’s the neatest thing.  

DSC_0416DSC_0418DSC_0420

Sharing his popcorn with Grandma

DSC_0421DSC_0425

Another Christmas tradition we enjoy is the going to the Nutcracker.  Momma, Landree, Maggie and I have been the last 3 years.  This year H joined us too! We had a lot of fun and the ballet was wonderful, however, we decided we might need to branch out and see a different show next year.  There are lots of fun kid programs available that we think will be fun to try too. 

DSC_0426 DSC_0428DSC_0429

And last but not least, one of my favorite things {pun intended} was our book and favorite things Christmas play date at Aunt Megan and Hayden’s.  Look at all this yummy food!  I love dips don’t you? 

DSC_0440

DSC_0434

We all brought a book for the kids to trade and a ‘favorite thing’ for the mommas to trade.  We seem to have the same favorites ;) Several yummy smelling candles, BBW soaps, and Ghirardelli chocolates.  Megan ended up with those and shared one with Landree, she called them wonderful! 

DSC_0447DSC_0443

The kids enjoyed playing outside for while and loved every minute!  And I loved spending time with friends, old and new.  We look forward to it next year!  (I hope-that’s where school gets in the way!  I can’t believe I have a 5 year old!)

  DSC_0450 DSC_0451

No comments: