Monday, February 20, 2012

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. -Dr. Seuss

We got several boxes just in time for Valentine’s Day :) Even though I’m the one that ordered the canvas I was so excited when I got this in the mail! I took this picture of Landree when she was almost 2 1/2.  I love it!  It’s from Canvas on Demand and I used a Groupon for it.  They always have them you just have to be on the lookout for them.  I have one of Hudson too that I ordered from Picture it on Canvas.  I love it too, but I did get the wrong size and the hanger came in on the bottom (but I would still order from them again) I had a Groupon for it too. 

DSC_0722

Grandma sent a fun box for the kiddos for V-day too!  Landree was so excited to open it, the first thing she said was that she bet there was a package of marshmallows inside.  And she was right!  Right on top was a package of fun fruit marshmallows-Grandma never disappoints.  There were lots of other fun tinkerbell, princess, and cars goodies too.  Thanks Grandma! 

DSC_0723 DSC_0724

DSC_0730

And Jeff was  excited to get a new Cowboys jersey in the mail (he ordered it with birthday or Christmas money he has been saving.  He’s so good-it would have burned a hole in my pocket by now!)  And in a smaller size than ever before.  Jeff has lost over 50 pounds in the past 6 months or so.  He eats so healthy-I’m so proud of him! 

And Mia and Poppee sent the kids Valentine cards and some fun money, and Jeff and I a little date money too!  Thanks Mia and Poppee! 

DSC_0731

On the 13th (The day that Jeff and I started dating 11 years ago) he surprised me by calling and saying he was home early (the kids and I were at a friends house) and telling me to be home by 5:30 because he had something planned.  When I got home he had a sitter on the way and planned a fun night out for us!  Landree helped me pick my date clothes and we went to Longhorn and a movie.  We watched Safe House, which was so good!  He offered to watch The Vow with me, but I knew I would like Safe House just as much and it did not disappoint!  On Valentine’s Day Jeff got Landree and I flowers (her a rose and me tulips-my favorite!) and planned a night out with Landree.  They went to Chuck E. Cheese again this year, and my littlest Valentine and I went out for ice cream and french fries from Chickfila for dinner.  Landree had her dress up outfit all planned out to wear and requested her daddy wear stripes.  Sweet girl! 

DSC_0734DSC_0735

Our last little Valentine surprise I pulled off before Jeff and Landree got home.  I used a poem that I saw on a friends facebook that said, “roses are red, violets are blue, I’m glad I’m tied to you” and I took yarn and had it strung all over the house.  They had to follow the yarn to the end to find their prizes.  Landree got a little Valentine bear and a Wuggle pet that she had been asking for.  And I made Jeff and I a “date night in” book similar to one that I saw on pinterest.  It’s so hard for us to get out once a month (or ever!) so it will be a fun way to make it a priority to at least have a date night in once a month.   I hope you all had a great Valentine’s weekend too! 

4 comments:

Marla said...

That picture is beautiful! I am wanting to order canvases too, but worried about the prices. I get group on emails but never really check. So now....I am going to really start checking!!

So fun and thoughtful for ya'lls surprise date night. And I love that yarn and poem. WIll definitely try to remember this!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad y'all could get out for a few hours! You deserve it :)

Jeff Gray said...

~FYI...you are the best mom and wife anyone could ask for. I love you so much!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yay for going on a date!

Grandma sends the BEST gifts:)

And 50 pounds?? Wow! That is a great accomplishment!!