Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Review and a funny story...

We had such a fun weekend! We kicked off the weekend Friday night by Landree and I picking up our babysitter Melissa from school. The boys (our husbands) went to 'man camp' (an annual trip) so Jennifer and I had Melissa come over and stay the weekend with us so we could have a fun weekend too!

I directed a wedding at church on Saturday and we had rehearsal on Friday night. After rehearsal all the girls from our small group got together and had a great time EATING and TALKING it was perfect! We picked up this to die for chicken salad from Yummies and Jennifer, Denise and I made dips-yum! Kelly brought this great 'dump' cake. It was nice to just hang out.

On Saturday morning Jennifer and I got up and after the babies had breakfast we went to get a pedicure-fun! After the afternoon wedding we went to the mall and to dinner at Olive Garden.

And for the funny story: Teagan (our friends Julie and John's little girl) is super inquisitive. She is so smart and is always asking questions. This weekend she noticed the compass in the rear view mirror of her mom's car and started asking questions about direction. Julie helped explain North, South, East, and West by using the US Map on her place mat. Teagan already knows where South Carolina is and that we live here. She knows California (thanks to Disneyland). Julie was confirming, "Yes Teagan, Jennifer, Jeff and Landree live in South Carolina." Teagan asked, "Who's Jeff?" Julie told her, "Jeff is Jennifer's husband. Like Daddy is the husband and I'm the wife. Jeff is the husband and Jennifer is the wife and Landree is there daughter." Teagan (who has a little brother) said, "what about their little brother?" Julie directed the conservation back to North and South. Teagan, a little brother is a long way off!

2 comments:

H J and E said...

What a fun weekend! I love your new header! You're so creative! What kit did you use? I love those colors! That is the best picture of Landree! I laugh outloud when I see her in her shades. Too cute! I've got to stop seeing such cute pictures of her, it makes me want a third little girl! When you all come to Charlotte in May, we should try to squeeze in time to see each other if you all aren't too busy. We are only an hour away.(And of course Joe works in Charlotte, so I'm sure he'd love spending some of his weekend in Charlotte too! :) One day when we get enough money we'll probably move closer so he doesn't have such a long commute. It's just so expensive to live in or around Charlotte and with my sister living at the top of our street, it's hard to think about leaving here. (And I love my house and neighbor, Tracy.) Anyway, if you all think you'll have any free time, we'd love to come see you while you're here.

Jennifer

workinthatpreppy said...

cute, cute blog...i would love to make a beach towel for landree. i have a niece landrey! thanks for stopping by..if you want a towel..just e-mail me...just 20.00 for whatever you want...and 4.60 to ship...so 25.00...