Friday, July 8, 2011

Free Fun

I am determined my blog will not be abandoned, however it may be ‘facebook’ style for a while.  While my camera is in the shop pictures are all from my phone and words may be few, but they will be documented :)

Tonight we headed to Chick-fil-a in pseudo cow costumes to eat chicken for Cow Appreciation Day.  They had a cow pattern on their website that you could print to get a free entree.  Landree had her cow ears attached to a crown, as any princess cow would, and Hudson and I had ours attached to baseball caps.  I loved the “Eat More Chicken” signs :)  We have a youth group student that works at CFL that Landree loves.  She was so excited to see if he would recognizer her.  The cow was there and Landree was in LOVE.  Hudson was only a fan from afar.  IMAG0171

And this morning I went to the blueberry farm to pick yummy blueberries!  If you have a farm near you I highly recommend you go.  They are delicious!  So much better than from the store. I picked about 13 pounds, and they are only $1.25 a pound.  This is only about half of them.  I put most of them in the freezer, but saved a few pounds to eat this week.  I ate about 7 pounds in a week a few years ago.  They are like eating candy!  I hope I can ago at least one more time before the season is over. 

 IMAG0172

Hope you’re weekend is off to a great start! 

1 comment:

Marla said...

I want to go picking berries! I had called a farm around here at the beginning of June and they said that the next day would be the last....and of course, I couldn't go that day. ;( But I'll keep looking. Did the kids have fun, too?