Friday, December 16, 2011

Santa Pics 2011

So I know I’ve been a little quite on the blog front these days and even though it’s not a good excuse I have lots of reasons, but I do love being able to look back at my blog and remember all the fun things we’ve done and see how the kids have grown and I do want to catch up {or at least move forward!}.

We love Santa pictures and especially love the Santa that Landree has been to 3 out of her 5 years.  He is precious and loves the kids.  In years past we’ve been to another photographer to have our picture made with him, and last year I hired him and a photographer to come to a Christmas party at our house, and this year I hired him and I took the pictures.  While the party was lots of fun it’s so busy and I don’t play a good host/photographer/mom at the same time and it’s so easy for the kids to be distracted, etc.  So this year I started decorating in the middle of October for our November 17th date with Santa.  I took pictures for 17 families and I would say Santa was a hit with most everyone (babies aside).  Jeff picked Landree and Hudson up from school and took them to lunch before brining them home since they were not the first time slot.  I was so fun seeing them come into our house and walk right up to Santa.  We definitely have a different relationship with him than if we went to visit with him at the mall.  This is one of my favorites, of course all of ours aren’t edited yet, I was too busy finishing up for everyone else.  I’ll post more soon.

santa 2011

One of my appointments canceled due to sickness last minute so I took full advantage of a fun opportunity for Landree to decorate cookies with the big guy himself.  The lighting isn’t great and I didn’t even edit these pictures, but I love them!  What a special time for my girl! {Poor Hudson was napping}  And afterward she and Santa just sat on the couch and read a few books until the next person arrived.  {He must know how much she loves to read!}

IMG_7609IMG_7613IMG_7615IMG_7616IMG_7617IMG_7619IMG_7622IMG_7624IMG_7627IMG_7630IMG_7636IMG_7637IMG_7638IMG_7639

We are in full Christmas mode visiting with family and friends in TX!  And feel so blessed to be able to spend so much time at home {for at least one more year before Landree starts school!}

I hope you’re having a great Christmas season too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Jen, these are SO cute! I love that picture of Landree and Santa both looking at each other with a cookie half in their mouths :) Too cute! Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!

Jodee said...

Oh my word! These are the cutest pictures ever! I think you should have used them for your Christmas card this year! Simply adorable!

P.S. I am drooling over Landree's hair! Kamree's hair looks like that after Day 3 of sponge rollers! HA HA!